Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Vampire Book

African Vampire

A few months back I was asked by Dorling Kindersley to provide 9 illos about specific vampires from all around the world, and this is one of those. I am showing all the process above (click on the illo for larger view), from rough to color (actually they needed just the b/w inks, the colors are something I added later for fun Wink) for those who like to take a peek at the making of.
Hope you guys dig it.

The book is "The Vampire Book", hardcover, 96 pages packed with tons of photos and illos, and it's available on the DK website (among other bookstores and online places). I just got my comps and it looks awesome! :)

Cheers,
Francesco

The Vampire Book

3 comments:

azhar said...

love the process...

looks like a digital work..

are you still using brush for inking right?

Francesco Francavilla said...

Thanks, Azhar :)
This is all digital but I do still use the raditional brush for other projects.

Cheers,
Francesco

Savanna said...

Love your pictures in this book, I'd like to know what the style is called